Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Solstice has failed me again

July 20th, 2013. One more day until Summer. Well, sorry Gregorian Calendar but I do not think that this summer Solstice has been all too accurate. Summer is what you make of it. For a tired-over-worked college student, summer starts as soon as that last final is turned in and done. But for me, I have not been so lucky. I was painfully sick the last couple months of the semester and as a result, I still have five incompletes. Five. Incompletes. So no, despite spending day after day in the library as the rest of my friends travel the world, get drunk, and go to the beach - my summer has not begun. My summer will not begin until I gather my inner strength, go to the library, and actually work my butt off. A feat that is terrible difficult for someone like me who has spent the entirety of her academic career floating on by.

Well, reactivating this blog is my attempt at gaining my inner strength and motivation. It is also at the nagging of my mother who participates in the "Writers Way" program in which she writes for a little bit each day to find her inner motivation, (it's a variety of prompts though I do not know all the specifics).

Well, I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer and that I can find my inner motivation and allow my summer to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment