Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Get My Beauty License

Funny story: My mother has never been interested in makeup, fashion, or hair. While all the other littler girls had fabulous fashionista mom's shopping at Limited Too, we were shopping at Target -- and the stuff never was cute (no offense to my mother, her fashion sense has always been fine, just not the vogue reader). She claims it's because her mom was beautiful and loved fashion and makeup. She says that it was a bit of silent rebellion for her. That and before conditioner there was nothing my mom could do to tame her curls but keep them afro short. Anyway, my silent rebellion (though I had a real rebellion too) was through fashion. I have always adored everything fashion and hair related. However, since both fashion and hair are more difficult to maintain (I can barely afford to get my hair cut and died once a year, not to mention every six weeks. Let alone Jimmy Choos, a Birkin Bag, or Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses) I have turned to make-up. Although every so often I splurge at Sephora and pow through my pay check, I feel that I am able to prim the one thing I have the most control over: my face. Let's face it, I do not have the patience to do my hair the exact way I want it (straight or completely un-frizzy) every day, or even the stamina to work out twice a day and get that banging bod. So, my face: that's my pallet and that's what I am good at.

Anyway, I am naturally great with makeup (funny because my mother doesn't exactly know the difference between an eye pencil and a bro pencil -- there's not much of a difference, but still). I do it for myself all the time, my friends ask me to do it all the time, even my mom asks me to do it once in a blue moon. So I'm good at it. But I'm not good enough at it. I want to know the best products to use, the science of it, and learn more skills. I want a license. Plus, I think it would make excellent college cash. The problem: It's expensive and time consuming.

Wish me luck!

P.S. Enough with bashing my mother, I love her to death and am going to miss her when I go back to school (tomorrow)!

No comments:

Post a Comment